Question
Posted by: Lynne Bindeman | 2012-08-05

Pain in (L) hand more than (R) hand

I''ve had pain gradually increasing over the past months in my (L) hand right under the thumb. I asked a doctor at Tygerberg Hospital where I work what I may take and he suggested OsteoEze Gold for 3 months and if this doesn''t give sufficient pain relief, I should go to a rheumatologist. I''m taking one tablet x 3 a day and hasn''t been on it for a month at this stage. I still have pain, sometimes in my (R) hand as well. Is there anything else that I could take with the OsteoEze - like Calcium/Magnesium or is there perhaps a tablet which contains Calcium and Magnesium together? I would appreciate your advice. I am 63 years of age and I type a lot at home..

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Hi Lynne
Osteoeze is a supplement for joints and it does sound as if there may be some osteo-arthritis in the joints. The typing is also probably aggravating it. Calcium/magnesium supplements are not going to help the joints but are good for preventing osteoporosis. If this is really bothersome, I would also suggest seeing a rheumatologist.

4
Posted by: Yvonne | 2016-06-04

I have joint pain since 2012. I'm now 52yrs old I've been on supplements of course. I've used osteoease gold many times but my pain does not get any better. What should I take . I've also ate a lot of celery. but no results.

Reply to Yvonne
Posted by: Lynne Bindeman | 2012-09-06

What is the diet involved with RA? I hear I''m not " allowed"  to have wheat products, red meat and red wine (not that it worries me). Could you perhaps enlighten me?

Reply to Lynne Bindeman
Posted by: Lynne Bindeman | 2012-09-06

Thanks for your info. My problem has been diagnosed as RA and my GP gave me a cortizone injection because I won''t be able to take anti-inflammatories (Asthmatic). I also use joint-eeze plasters at night, and it helps a great deal.
Thanks for your speedy response.
Kind regards.

Lynne B.

Reply to Lynne Bindeman
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2012-08-07

Hi Lynne

Reply to Healthy Bones