Question
Posted by: Marlene | 2009/05/19

Pain in hip bone

I am 56 and start to have pain in my right hip bone, especially when I lie on my right side. Can this be the start of osteoporosis and what should I do. My mother had osteoporosis. I do use 2X Dolomite supplements per day.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Marlene
Sounds more like osteo-arthritis- it affects the joints more. Osteoporosis makes the bones brittle and is usually painless. Trys to change your calcium supplement to another one. Most dolomite supplements are quite safe, but some can contain metals etc. Also don't take them at once- split the dose e.g. 1 after breakfast and 1 after supper.