Question
Posted by: Nicola | 2011/09/27

Pain in hand

I have been suffering from a strange pain in my right hand. Sometimes I will be turning the key in the door and I suddenly get a sharp pain like a cramp in my hand that I drop the keys. My fingers look contorted. It doesn''t last long and there are no other symptoms at all. I only get this while using the hand not while hand is rested. I am fit and active, 41yrs old. What can this be?

Nicola

You will have to consult your doctor for an examination, to exclude nerve impinchment of the motor neurons that supply your right hand. Your doctor should also look for signs of dystonia, which commonly affects adults.