Question
Posted by: lily | 2009/07/22

Pain in hand

I had a bath this evening and all of a sudden developed a terrible pain in my hand. I have veins that are standing up in the area where the pain is. I can' t move the hand. What can this be? I have been experiencing tingling sesnsations in both my hands off an on for the passed 4 weeks. I am 41 and am not on any medication or contraception pill.

Dear Lily
You may have a venous thrombosis in the hand - if it is swollen and painful, and the temperature of the one hand is colder than the other, rather see a doctor as soon as possible