Posted by: Concerned | 2008-11-07

Pain in daughters breast

My daughter is 12 years old and is quite developed for her age. She has been complaining about a pain in her breast since last night. She said that she bumped into a wall, and I thought that this could be the reason for her pain. She is still complaining about this pain, and I looked to see if I could notice any visible signs or lumps. Her one nipple is inverted (the sore breast) and the other is normal (out). The difference is easily noticable. What do you think that this pain can be and do you think that I must take her to see our doctor?

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you monitor her breast for a period of one week, as it can merely be blunt trauma to her breast, causing swelling and bruising. She can take Myprodol, one capsule, six hourly and reassess her symptoms after 7 days. If there is no improvement, I suggest that you consult your doctor to have the breast examined.