Question

Pain in chest/ shoulder

Doc

I have been getting pains in my chest just off centre to the left for a while now and now I also have the pain between my shoulder blades. I find it hard to breathe when I lie on my back - like the discomfort when you are far along when you are preganant and you lie on your back. I had a cold recently and went to my gp for a check up as I am an asmatic and I am on anibiotics - she did listen to mu chest etc. I did mention the chest pain. (The back pain is new). What could this be?

B

Hi B
It could be due to inflammation of the pleura (covering of the lung) but you could also have an underlying lung infection still - does it help if you take your asthma medication or not? See if taking something like neurofen helps for the pain?

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/26

Hi B

Reply to cyberdoc