Question
Posted by: ST | 2012-05-07

pain in chest

please can you give me your opinion... for the last couple of days now i get this pain in my chest its almost like there is a " wind"  stuck there but it tends to move from the middle of my chest to either the left or right. most painful when in the middle. it will also at times move up into my neck and throat... such a strange feeling. Its not nice but i keep wanting to belch " burp" . it at times becomes so uncomfortable i am not sure how to sit.

please help! this is extremely uncomfortable.

It is possible that you are suffering from gastric reflux or a gastric ulcer and I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and possible gastroscopy. In the interim, you can use Gaviscon, three times daily before meals.