Question
Posted by: Carol | 2010/11/18

Pain in chest

For the last few days I get a sudden, sharp thump type pain in the centre of my chest. It occurs every few minutes for a few hours and then nothing for a few hours. There is no specific pattern to it like after meals or early morning. It feels like that heart dropping feeling when you get a fright but no heart palpitations or increased pulse. I have had constant heart burn for the last few months which has now eased since I have lost quite a significant amount of weight (intentional). I don''t have any shortness of breath and am exercising (spinning) as normal. Can you give me some sort of idea what it might be or do I really, really need to see a doctor?

Hallo Carol
Just feel your pulse if this happens again - you may have a heart arrythmia. If your pulse is irregular or skipping beats if this happens, you may need an ECG and further tests.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/18

Hallo Carol
dr Bets