Posted by: pen | 2009-02-10

pain in chest

hi I am a 49 year lady. last year i had a imboliim in the lungs i was on wafferin stop it now for about 8 months i keep on getting a pain on my left side just above the bust in line with the armpit is there reason for me to warry
thank you

Dear Pen
Signs of a lung embolism are (as you probably know by personal experience) shortness of breath, coughing up blood stained sputum and chest pain. The risk of getting another DVT is increased if you have had one before, so if you have any of these symptoms or pain or swelling of the calves, you should see your doctor as soon as possible. Other causes of chest pain can be muscle related, caused by infections or inflammation of the pleura ( covering of the lung) If the pain persists, rather see your doctor for an examination and/or x/rays.