Question
Posted by: Lily | 2008/08/01

Pain in chest

Hi, I am a 25-year old female. I have had a pain in my chest for about a year now. It' s always on my left side more or less in area where my breast is.. Its sometimes sharp, sometimes dull, sometimes radiating down on my left side like it' s going into my ribs... The only heart disease in my family was my mom' s dad. He got a lot of heart attacks before he passed away. I went to a doc a few times, but got discouraged when he kept saying I have anxiety and wanted to put me on Prozac.. I am not depressed and happy, so I don' t feel like going that route... It is a real physical pain I am feeling that comes out of the blue. Must I just accept it as part of my life now?

Lily

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you make an appointment with a cardiologist, to rule ischemic heart disease. You should also have a chest x-ray, a mammogram and an ultrasound of your breast done, to exclude any underlying causes.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Ragie | 2009/03/06

sharp pain above left breast worst when i move around or when i lift up left arm.

Reply to Ragie