Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2008/06/07

Pain in chest

Hello Dr. Please can you advise re the following:

After parking my car, walking fast down 1 flight of stairs walking 100m then up another flight of stairs to the bank. As I sat down to wait for consultant my heart was pounding quite rapidly and I felt a sharp pain in my chest between my breasts. I also felt a sharp pain course through my back in the region of my kidneys. At the same time I became extremely hot and flushed. After about 5 min I cooled down and everything returned to normal again.

Could you tell me if this pain and heat is associated with my heart at all.

I am taking Ecotrin and Simvastatin. And have been on a 10 day course of Degranol for the past 5 days. But this morning I did not take the Degranol as it makes me feel totally spaced out and I had to have my wits about me at the bank.

Appreciate your advice Thanks

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Unfortunately, you have not given me any idea about your fitness level. Therefore, your symptoms can be due to unfitness and lack of exercise. If however, you are concerned about your heart, I recommend that you make an appointment with a cardiologist to have a stress ECG done.

Kind regards