Posted by: Mel | 2011-11-30

Pain in body that reflects to my back

For about almost 2 months now, I''ve been having pain in my back. I know it isn''t my back itself because it''s now muscle pains. Sometimes I think it''s my kidneys when the pain is at my lower back but then sometimes I get a the pain in my mid back or even upper back. When I get the pain in my upper back, it feels like the pain is coming from my back, goes through my body to the front, then it feels like the pain is at my heart and then my left breast also pains. I don''t know if this is making any sense but it''s very strange to me. I''ve had back pains (muscle) before, but nothing like this. I''ve seen 2 doctors but they just think it''s normal back pain, but I know it''s not. What can I do about this? Is there some type of scan or x-ray that I can do to see what the problem is?

I suggest that you consult an orthopedic surgeon for a MRI scan of your back. I also recommend that you consult a gastroenterologist for an examination, ultrasound and gastroscopy, as it is possible that your back pain can be referred from abdominal pathology.