Question
Posted by: Sasha | 2008/06/25

Pain in arm

Hi Dr.
My mom left arm has been paining for 2 months now.
She has diabetes and high cholestral.
We dont know what the cause is but its so painfull she cant sleep at night.
She's gone to the Dr. and he has given her painpills,which does not help.Nothing takes the pain away.
Could this be arthritis?
If how would we know or how could this be diagnosed?
She cannot afford to see a specailist.Is there any place we could go that would not charge us an arm and a leg for a diagnosis?
Thank You

Hallo Sasha
Please let me know where exactly the arm is painful, if there is any redness or swelling, if she has any needles and pins in the arm, whether the joints are red, warm or swollen, whether she has any neck pain or problems of movement in the neck or arms? Please answer in the Post a question box with a reference to this question's number?

1
Posted by: Malcolm | 2009/02/27

Good day,

I don' t know what could be wrong. My arm is very painful, from the top of my bicep straight through to my wrist. I didn' t picked up anything heavy or exercised, and i wasn' t in a accident.. the pain just started out of no where. i use pain tablets for the pain, but it last only for a hour and then the pain starts again. I have also used some kind of gel used for painful muscles, that also takes away the pain for only a hour.. What could be wrong..I was at a doctor, but he don' t really know.He said its nothing serious or to worry about. I really need to find out how I can stop it, because it is getting too much for me now. I

Thanks alot

Reply to Malcolm