Question
Posted by: Jacques | 2009-05-08

Pain full abdomen and small amount of blood in stool

HI Doc

I do hope that you can assist, i was diagnosed with a spastic colon a few years ago i am now 37, now and then when i have a very stressfull time the colon starts acting up and i end up with allot of pain and discomfort.

What i need to know i currently have pain all over my abdomen it started in the lower right hand side with pain shooting into my leg at stages then i used bevispas and the pain got better.

Now i have pain in the left hand side mostly and my stool is small and thin, also i am a little constipated and i noticed that the small stool i passed had some blood (this might be something small) but i am concerned as i not only have pain in the abdomen but i now have pain in my legs as well.

I am not sure if this might be an infection that i picked up but i mostly get allot of pain in the evenings.

Your help is appreciated.

Jacques

I strongly suggest that you consult your doctor for a full examination, as well as a colonoscopy, to exclude any pathological reason for your symptoms.

Kind regards