Question
Posted by: Racoon | 2011/03/31

Pain everywhere

Dear Doc

In the past few months, I have started suffering from pain, especially upon getting up either after sleeping, or when sitting for a while. I am almost 40, breastfeeding a 7 months old, have 2 other kids (2 and 5), sleeping very poorly, not exercising, BMI 29. The worst pain is now in my achilles tendons, but I have jointpain everywhere. I struggle to get up when I kneel down. I have recently been diagnosed with a number of thoracic Tarlov cysts, of which 2 are biggish (MRI due to presthesia). Coudl these symptoms be due to the Tarlov cysts, or is there something else going on?

Hallo Racoon
No, I don't think the pain is due to the Tarlov cysts. You may have achilles tendonitis and may need some physiotherapy and anti-inflammatory medication. Try wearing a low heel (1-2 cm) to take the stress off the tendon. If the joints are warm, reddish, swollen and/or stiff you may need to see your doctor for tests to see if you have an underlying inflammation that may need treatment. Another cause for the pain could be Fibromialgia which is a painful muscle condition that develop due to lack of proper deep sleep.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/31

Hallo Racoon