Question
Posted by: J | 2009-03-02

Pain during sex, what could it be?

Everytime my husband and I have sex and I' m on top I have extreme pain when I sit up straight. I looked at a picture of the female pelvis and it looks as though it is in the area where my ovaries are. I feel the pain on both sides. It is extremely sensitive. What could this be? I usually don' t stop because I don' t want to disapoint my husband. ( I know i should look after myself first). Also when he penetrates too hard I feel it too.
I don' t want to dissapoint him but everytime we have sex I wish it could be over. We' ve been married for 5 years I have never had a orgasm while he was in me. Only through oral sex. I' ve never told him about this because I don' t know how he will react. I don' t want him to feel like he is doing something wrong. I didn' t always have these pains. I did have a baby via C Section about a year ago so could it be because of that?

Many women have pain in certain posiitons. the likeliest reason is he that the is hitting against your ovary. The only thing to do is to try alternative positiions. It is possible that the caesrean has slightly changed the prosition of your ovaries.
Most women need clitoral stimulation to have orgasms. This is normal. Be honest with your husband about your needs.

1
Posted by: D | 2009-03-02

I was told that it is possible, that the penis touches or brushes against the ovaries hence the pain, I too experience that. Its obviously got to do about how deep your husband penetrates and the position as well.

About orgasms, don' t feel bad lots of women experience what you do, I suppose the only best advice is try to experiment with different positions, till you get it right, and communicate with your husband about sex by just discussing it like a normal conversation and then leading up to what you prefer, basically gently telling him, but not being blatant if you feel it would affect him negatively.

Having sex is just not a physical thing but an emotional thing as well so you have to be switched on in both.

Hope things work out for you

Good luck!

Reply to D