Question
Posted by: f | 2010-07-09

pain during pregnancy

I am 18 weeks pregnant, and for the past two months, I have had pain on my back right-hand side, where my pelvic bone connects to my thigh bone (I am not sure if it is a bone pain or a ligament/tendon pain but it is definitely not the muscle).

The pain varies from a dull throb to excruciating stabbing pains. It seems to be worse in the evenings and seems to be exaccerbated by lots of walking or lifting even slightly heavy objects (eg. groceries).

What could the cause of this be? Is this pregnancy related or something completely different?

Thanks in advance for your asisstance.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

This could be pregnancy related as the pelvic girdle adapts to your situation. You can however be helped through this with chiropractic care.
Some light exercises may also be advised - talk to your chiropractor about this.