Question
Posted by: AQUA | 2008/07/03

PAIN DURING PREGNANCY

Dear Doc,

Im 12 weeks pregnant. Since yesterday, I have been experiencing extreme pain after I eat at my upper abdomen. The area which usually pains when you have an ulcer. What could be the causes of this. To alleviate the pain I have to sit straight up or lie flat on my back. I am also experiencing severe headaches. What can I drink to help? Does the headaches have anything to do with my blood pressure? Maybe my blood pressure is high or something. The pain in my abdomen even came after just eating two biscuits and a small cup of tea.

PLEASE HELP Doc, because I have refrained from eating because of this pain and the hunger makes me feel bad as well.

Thanks so much!!!

It may be that this is reflux from the pregnancy, but it does sound more severe than usual. Ulcers can occur in pregnancy and I would suggest that you see your doctor.