Question
Posted by: Didi | 2011-02-16

Pain during orgasm

I am a 50 year old woman in good health, with three children, aged 30, 27 and 15. I have been taking Trisequens for 18 months. I have never had a problem with painful periods but recently have had severe discomfort every month. I saw my gynae who did a sonar and diagnosed ''varicose veins'' on the uterus. Because of my lifestyle and the fact that I am going to be far away from medical facilities for an extended period (years) he suggested that I consider having a hysterectomy. I am happy with this and plan to have it done within the next few months. However, a new problem has cropped up during the last 3 weeks. I experience a sharp, localised pain over my left lower abdomen, in the area I would associate with my left ovary. This happens 100% of the time at the moment I begin to orgasm, and lasts throughout. It is not unbearable, but definitely uncomfortable. I had a tubal ligation and ablation done 8 years ago. My question is: is this related to the problem with my uterus and can it wait until my next appointment (in about 6 weeks time) or should I have it seen to earlier? Otherwise I am in good health and enjoy a close relationship with my partner, having intercourse on average 4-5 times a week, and orgasm easily. Thanks for this forum, which allows for anonymity and freedom from embarrasment!

It sounds like a problem with the uterus if it occurs only with orgasm. Then uterus contracts during orgasm and this can cause pain. I am not sure why this has just started now though. You could wait for 6 weeks if the pain does not occur at other times.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-02-17