Question
Posted by: Madie | 2010/08/01

Pain during mentruation

Dr I had endometriosis in the past, not sure how much I still have it...I''m 40 yr old.I suffer from infertility, so I''m not on any pill ect. The last 4-5 months my menstruation seems to be better, regarding bleeding. In the past it was 8 days-10 days nowit is 3-5 days. But what worries me is the TERRIBLE pain I experience during menstruation, it''s not normal lower back, uterus cramps it is a unbearable pain that I get up where my ribs come together, where I suppose my heart and stomach is. The pain is so bad that I feel like fainting...I need to drink pain tablets every 4 hours to be able to cope, this lasts 2-3 days. I also have terrble water retension, during this time, my weight fluctuates between 1.5-2.5kg during 24 hours! Have you got any idea what might be going on with me...Some one said it might help to consider getting a Marena that releases a very low progesterone, to minimize the bleeding sights and that my pain might be a vaso reaction? I also suffer from Von Willebrand disease.

The pain could be related to endo metriosis. In this case, the Mirena might help. Water retention is common in many women premenstrually. Why don't you see your gynae for an assessment.

1