Question
Posted by: Abby | 2010/02/22

Pain during intercourse

I have been experiencing discomfort and pain during intercourse since November last year. Could it be from IBS? My husband says I''m also very dry. Do I need to go and see a Doctor? I did go for a laparascopy in January this year because I thought I had endemetriosis, but the gynae said I don''t and then I said I have all the symptons and he said it could be from IBS then. I don''t feel that a male gynae understands how I feel.

If the pain is on penetration, it may be due to vaginal dryness and KY jelly would help. If it is deep inside, it may be something else, though IBS does not usually cause painful sex.

1