Question
Posted by: Mia | 2008/09/15

Pain during intercourse

Every time me and my boyfriend have sex he can'  t push too hard or try any position other than the normal on top positions because it is too painful.

I have heard about endometriosis and was wondering if this could be the case.

If my boyfriend pushes too hard I get a very sharp pain and it hurts bad. Also when he is on top and tries too lift my bud somewhat I feel the same pain.

What is endometriosis and could this be a result of this condition? If not, what can it be?

Regards,

Whilst endometriosis is one of the causes of pain during sex, it is by no means the only cause. Superficial pain (pain on entry) can be caused by a number of things including: Infection, vaginal dryness (following menopause, childbirth or inadequate sexual stimulation before penetration), Vaginismus (an involuntary contraction of the muscles surrounding the opening of the vagina, that makes it difficult, extremely painful or impossible to allow vaginal entry of the penis), or other medical conditions. Deep pain, felt deep inside during thrusting may be due to: an infection or problem with your reproductive organs, or endometriosis.

I would recommend that you go for a check up - preferably by a gynaecologist .