Question
Posted by: fern | 2012/01/16

pain but no period

my periods are irregular and can be up to 53 days apart.gynae said polycystic type ovaries. also have history anorexia and BMI currently 17,8.im also under huge stress at present.

for last 2 weeks I''ve had period pain,swollen breasts and bloating.when i get the pain,i think I''m starting so i take pons tan and then period doesn''t come and pain goes away. not pregnant.

can this just be normal PMS and period still going to come?Im 33yrs old.

thanks.

You have several reasons why you may not be getting periods, but the anorexia seems the most important.With a BMI of 17 you are unlikely to get regular periods till you increase your weight. You also should be on the Pill as your oestrogen levels will be affected and this can have a number of complications.

1