Question
Posted by: confused | 2008/09/08

pain breasts before my period

every month before my period i have pain in my left breast, and my breast changes in size not big ,but little bit heavier . and after the period it changes to normal size. does that means i can still have children? does that means my eggs are still fertile? pls advice as i am trying to conceive.

Dear Confused

Having painful and heavy breasts just before your menstrual period is very normal. It is due to the hormonal changes at that particular time of the menstrual cycle. It does not however indicate whether you can have children or not or whether your eggs are fertilizable or not. If your time period of trying to conceive is over a year then I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist to ascertain if there are any other problems that are contributing to your inability to conceive.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo

1
Posted by: P | 2008/09/10

This is one of the signs of PMS. It happens to most people.

Reply to P