Question
Posted by: VP | 2009/04/01

Pain between vagina and anus

I had my baby nine years ago and was stitched between my vagina and anus.

There is a bit of excess skin between this area (it was there after the stitching but seems to have grown larger over the years and sometimes *often* swells). This is really painful and sore. After getting onto a good medical aid (finally) I went to a gynae, who didn' t think that the stitches was a problem...but it really hurts when I sit for extended periods or wear g-strings. Even sex is painful (it has always been) around the area where I was stitched. The gynae (for the 15 minutes she charged me an exhorbitant fee for) said all was aok.

I am too embarassed to discuss with my family GP (a guy). Can you tell me if this is a problem or something I should just live with? Can you please recommend a good gynae i can see in the sandton-johannesburg area?

Many thanks

It sounds like it may be a difficult problem to solve if there is nothing obvious to see. However, surgery to 're-do' the area may be an option. I'm afraid I cannot make recommendations on this site.