Posted by: Aslam | 2012-06-20

Pain below Rib Cage (LHS)

Hello Doctor. I have been experiencing pain only when I bend forward just below my Rib Cage, on my Left Side. It seems to be getting worse over the past few days now. I think it is around the oesophagus/upper stomach area. I am not over-weight and my weight has been constant. Please advise what could be causing this. Thanks alot.

It is possible that you have strained a muscle or that you have inflammation of the ribcage. It is also possible that you might have gastric reflux disease but the pain will then be worse after meals. I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination to find the definate cause.

Posted by: Michelle Armstrong | 2012-06-21

Hi Aslam, i sounds very similar to a condition I had which took ages to diagnose. Costochondritis (severe inflamation of the rib cartilage) google it and see if your symtoms match

Reply to Michelle Armstrong