Question
Posted by: PINTO. | 2012/06/28

PAIN BELOW CHEST.

HI, I HAVE A PEACING PAIN ON MY LEFT UPPER BODY JUST BELOW THE CHEST, ESPECIALLY WHEN I COUGH, BEND, LAUGH OUT LOUD, TAKE A STOOL OR EXCESICE AND I''VE BEEN TO DOCTORS, TRIED ALL KINDS OF PAIN KILLERS TO NO AVAIL. PLEASE ADVICE. (MALE &  38 YRS)

Pinto

It is possible that you have nerve impinchment of the back with a radiating pain to the front of the chest. I suggest that you consult a pain specialist for an investigation and possible nerve block. Chronic inflammation of the bone and cartlidge of the ribs can also have the same effect. Injections with cortisone can be helpful.

I presume that other factors, like gastric reflux and heart pathology have been excluded.