Question
Posted by: CYCLIST | 2011/02/16

PAIN BEHIND THE KNEE

HI I need help i have a stiff painful area behind the knee which only troubles me when i sit on the floor with my legs bent. i cycle regularly and am fairly fit. No pain during cycling, running or walking. i have been to the physio with little success.
any advice or do you need more info
tanx''

Hi Cyclist

Difficult one, given that you've actually seen a physio and they haven't been able to sort it out. Diagnosing online is just about impossible. What does the physio suspect? I presume they have tried to treat the pain, but they must surely have a diagnosis for you?

It sounds like perhaps meniscus, but it is strange that it doesn't bother you at all during exercise. Again, I hate to pass the buck, but the physio you are seeing is the best person to diagnose, and you might want to lean on them more, because they can assess when the pain occurs and do some tests to diagnose the problem.

2
Posted by: CYCLIST | 2011/02/21

THANKS
Did a 40km cycle this nweek and find no pain ....strange i know
physio says she suspects a beckers cyst(at least thats what i think she said) but i feel fine today so i m not sure ..
thanks i know i m being difficult

Reply to CYCLIST
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/02/20

Hi Cyclist

Reply to fitnessdoc