Pain behind right hip

Dear Doc,
For the past 4 days I have had a sharp pain behind my right hip which seems to be worst when lying down or coughing. It is definitely not a pulled muscle. I doubt it is appendicitis as I believe this is incredibly painful - my pain is not immense but uncomfortable to say the least. I have also developed a dry cough since yesterday and a strange discharge for about three weeks. I only mention these symptoms as it is usually unlikely to have symptoms at the same time which are unrelated. I have a gynae appointment in a month but am wondering if this could be something serious?
Many thanks

I suggest that you consult your GP for a full examination, as there is a multitude of causes for the symptoms that you are experiencing.