Question
Posted by: Nell | 2010/10/29

Pain at bottom of rib cage

Hi there,

For a week now I have had what feels like it could be either a muscular pain or bone pain at the bottom of my left ribcage. It was originally slightly tender when I pushed one of the ribs now it comes and goes with certain movements. Little bit worse in the morning upon waking, but not really painful, I cannot pinpoint the exact spot though. Its not inside.

Nell

It is possible that you have pulled a muscle or injured the tissue around the rib and I therefore, suggest that you take anti-inflammatory medication for a week and if the symptoms do not dissappear, you should consult a doctor.