Question
Posted by: Johan | 2009/08/12

Pain at bottom of foot

Dear Cyberdoc, I have a pain underneath my foot, in between the heal and ball of the foot. The pain seems to be on the inside of the foot. Any chance of explaining this to me please. I have not had any strange accidents or falls in the recent past.

Hallo Johan
You may have injured the tissue in the sole of the foot and developed plantar fasciitis. It may help to wear shoes with a heel, take anti-inflammatory medication like Voltaren or Brufen, and stretching the area. See
http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/healthy/physical/injuries/140.html
Sometimes a insole is needed to take the stress of the fascia tissue ( biokineticists/podiatrists can provide)