Question
Posted by: Lockjaw | 2010/10/27

Pain and stiffness in jaw

I have been suffering for a while now with pain and stiffness on the left side of my jaw, and find it hard to open my mouth too wide and to chew hard foods properly.

Doctor has diagnosed an inflamed tendon joining my jaw to the skull, and I have been on courses of anti-inflammatories and painkillers. These have not helped.

Are there any other options open to me please?
Thanks.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

The tempero-mandibular joint seems to be affected. Best option is to consult a TMJ specialist (Dental Surgeon). There is a Dr G J de Necker in JHB who specialises in such cases.