Question
Posted by: Lerato | 2008/09/30

Pain and pregnancy

I found out that I was pregnant 2 weeks ago and I ' m constantly have pains below my abdomen. The pain is kind of like period pains, maybe it' s nothing but it could be something to be concerned about. I haven' t been to the doctor to consult about these pains. Kindly advise as this is my first time being pregnant.

It is common to have mild cramps in early pregnancy. If they are severe, see your doctor straight away.

2
Posted by: Tracey | 2008/10/03

Hi there,

I also have cramping like pains in the lower abdomen, 8 weeks now, but was informed by my gynae that it is the uteris stretching and nothing to worry about.

Be aware though that if you haven' t been for a scan to check that everything is alright you should go as there are so many things that could cause you pain, etopic pregnancy, etc...

Good luck.

Reply to Tracey
Posted by: Lynn | 2008/10/01

In my first 8 wks of pregnancy I have experienced the same pains.

Reply to Lynn