Question
Posted by: Zodwa | 2011/02/02

Pain and blood after sex

I''ve been having problems with my husband for almost 4yrs now. Everytime we have sex it is so painful its like his penis pressing something hard inside my womb. I have consulted gynea and was told that I had infection which was treated but the pain never stopped. I was then told that my womb is not properly placed so I had to go for jysteroscopy which showed that everything was fine after but the problem is that I can never conceive naturally. Now the problem is that the pain is still there and the discharge is still there. I went again to the gynea for the discharge that happens everytime I have sex (with a condom) and it goes with the very itchy feeling and some small sores. He said its just a trush that is maybe caused by the soap I''m using or maybe I''m allergic to condoms. Even if I have unprotected sex I still have the same problem. He then suggested that I should use gyneawash instead of soap. I''m using it and I have finished the treatment. The discharge is back again!

What can be the problem coz I have gone to different doctors but still the problem is there.

Dear Zodwa,

Your challenges are clearly gynaecological and not within the relam of the sexologist's expertise.

It is evident that you are persuing a solution to your gynaecological problems and I would motivate you to continue to have the gynaecologist assess and investigate and intervene.

You could consider seeing a different gynaecologist for a second opinion.

2
Posted by: Rambo | 2011/02/02

Zodwa phone the SASHA helpline maybe they can recommend a good doctor to go to.

Reply to Rambo
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/02/02

Dear Zodwa,

Reply to sexologist