Question
Posted by: Tee | 2011/01/16

Pain and back fat

Doc,

I try to run to lose weight but when I do, the front of my leg starts to hurt really bad so I can''t run. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Also, I have a lot of back fat, what is the best way to get rid of it?

Hi Tee

Where on the front of the leg? Upper or lower? The shin or the quad? Muscle soreness after running for the first time is not unusual - happens to everyone, you kind of have to give it a couple of days and then try again, and then go through it again and eventually it won't happen.

If it is a shin problem, then it's a bit less common, maybe it's related to doing too much too soon. Again, I don't know what you're doing - maybe back off the distance or speed a little?

As for back fat, regular cardiovascular exercise is the best, and so you're doing the right thing - you just have to keep going, be consistent and also watch your diet.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/01/21

Hi Tee

Reply to fitnessdoc