Question
Posted by: Cupie | 2008/08/21

Pain &  bleeding after surgery

Two weeks ago I had a hysteroscopy &  laparoscopy done. My gynae removed a cist and fixed/removed a septum on my womb. He also discovered that I have endometrioses. He subscribed a 14 day course of Premarin. I have started my period 2 days after the procedures were done, even though it was not due, but it did not bother me too much as I figured it had something to do with the op/anesthetics or perhaps the Premarin. Problem is, it is now exactly 2 weeks later, and I am still in pain. I also have a gel-like discharge (like when one ovulates) but with blood in it. The pain and the discharge come and go. Some days I will go without too much pain, but will wake up during the night with pain (almost like period pain). I have also noticed that, the less the discharge the less the pain. Can the pain and discharge be because of the procedures or because of the Premarin and therefore “ normal”  or should I contact my Gynecologist?

I would suggest that you contact your gynaecologist. It is difficult to work out what is going on.