Posted by: Confused | 2009-01-08

I decided to have myself sterilized during the birth of my 2nd child. My gynae assured me there would be no side effects. 13 months later I' m still experiencing extreme pain during the 1st and 2nd day of my period. Sometimes I bleed excessively and other months I barely do.

During my check-up my gynae suggested pain pills and assured me I would only have to take them for a few months.

I do not believe in taking medication and hormones for the rest of my life. I' m 31 years old and don' t want a historectomy.

It is probably not the sterilisation that is causing your symptoms, but the fact that you are no longer using hormonal contraception. You could try Ponstan for the pain and heavy bleeding. I presume that your periods are regular.