Question
Posted by: Mom | 2009/04/03

Pain after Intercourse and pregnant

I am 14 weeks pregnant with my fourth. I have noticed this time round that after intercourse I experience pain around the pelvis for a few hours. Sometimes it feels like contractions. I did have some bleeding after intercousre in previous weeks, but my ultrasound showed everything is normal. What can this pain be?

Thank You

The pain can be due to muscle contractions. I suggest that you refrain from intercourse until the bleeding and pain subsides. Ask your doctor to test for a possible urinary tract infection, as this can present the same symptoms.