Posted by: Zee01 | 2011-10-27

Pain after ganglion removed

I am hoping that you can give me some advice.
I had a ganglion removed from my wrist in April
I generally do not have pain in my wrist, except that for the second time now, if the weather changes suddenly and it gets cold and rainy it really starts to pain, and I can hardly bend it!
I feel like a old woman and am only 26! If it starts to pain, I put my wrist support on but that is rather irritating!

Is there something I can do to make it better and not react to weather so much??

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thank you!!

When weather change, the blood circulation in your wrist is effected. Try and keep your extremities warm, by wearing gloves. This will improve the blood circulation. You can use two Naproxen 275 mg tablets, three times daily to alleviate the pain. This is available over the counter.

Consult a physiotherapist to establish if there is excessive fibrosis in the area. Laser therapy will be beneficial.