Question
Posted by: J | 2009-05-21

PAIN AFTER C-SECTION

I had an immergency c-section on 6/12/2008 after my water broke (was planned for 11/12) so not that early. I had a previously normal birth with a 3rd degree tear back in 1993 and another c-section on 11/01/2007 - thus 3 births. 4 weeks after the last c-section I felt a bumb just above the scar and went to see my gynae - he said it was a ' stitch reaction'  and that the internal stiches takes about 9 weeks to disolve fully. After treatment with antibiotics the bumps became more before they disappeared. I was also sterilized with the last c-section (our choice). every month since then I am in accute pain when I ovulate for a day or two then just before my period starts I get accute pain again - it seems like it' s always on the right side - the periods however seems a bit heavier than I was used to but still normal. What can cause this pain when I ovulate (I am used to having some discomfort when ovulating that' s how I knew and that' s how I fell pregnant after trying once every time:-) but it seems more and more painfull every month and what can cause this severe pain just before i start a period - this is not just normal period pains.

If you were on the Pill before the caesarean, this would have made your periods less painful and you would not have had ovulation pain. NOw that you are of the Pill, the periods are liekly to be heavier and more painful.

1
Posted by: Klee | 2009-05-22

I have the exact same problem, pse gynae doc shead some light, i also had a 2nd c-sect with a sterlization - my tubes were clamped and OMG when i get my periods i want to die and its only been 4 mnth and with each month is seems to get worse, i am concerned about possilbe build up of scar tissue, being my 2nd c/sect....

Reply to Klee