Posted by: Annie | 2009-07-21

Pain after AI

I have had two artificial inseminations on Saterday and Sunday 18/07/2009 and 19/07/2009. During the insimination my servix had to be pulled straigth to get the insemination done on both occasions. This is my 6th time that I went for an insimination, but the first time that this happend. Afterwards there were a little bit of bleeding and currently I am experiencing lower stomach and back pain. I want to know is this normal to experience pain afterwards?

Dear Annie

If you had not have pain during the 5 previous inseminations and are now experiencing significant amount of pain in this insemination then I think it is not normal. There is a possibility that there may be presence of an infection and I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist to ascertain if there aren’t any problems.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo