Question
Posted by: Rebaone | 2010-01-14

Pain after accident

it' s been a week after i had an accident. my back (right side) was injured and had an X-ray but no ribs are broken. i somehow still feel a pain inside, it' s like when i touch my side i don' t feel any pain but the pain is right inside. i feel it now &  then, especially when i sneeze or laugh. the Dr gave me some patches to patch on the affected area but i' m wondering if it' s really normal for me to be feeling this pain even if they confirmed that my ribs are not broken. Pls help, should i go for a 2nd opinion or not, this is a very unberable pain &  i' m fraid i might be ignoring something serious...

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Rebaone
The little intercostal (between the ribs) muscles and other soft tissue was probably bruised and it can be extremely painful for a while. Its been a week only - so give it a chance for another week or two- if there is no improvement then you can consult your doctor again.

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2010-01-15

Dear Rebaone

Reply to Healthy Bones