Question
Posted by: Bee | 2012-04-08

Pain above left knee when straightening leg

Hi Doctor,

I seem to have pain above my left knee, but there is only ever pain when I try to fully straighten my leg, however there is no pain when straightening my right leg. I have not had any sports injuries or anything, as I don''t do much sport. I am 21 years old and I weigh 51kgs. Do you have any idea why I could be having such pain?

Thank you.

Bee

It probably due to a muscle strain that occured without noticing. I suggest that you consult a physiotherapist for an examination and treatment. It is nothing to be concerned about.