Posted by: Ronel Schlebusch | 2011-11-18

pain above left breast

i sometimes get a sharp pain just above my left eventually goes away.i cant tell how many times it always goes away after a while.what can it be?

The pain can be due to a number of conditions that can affect the skin of the chest, the muscle of the chest wall, the plura of the lung and the heart itself. The pain can also be due to skeletal problems. Considering all these possibilities, I suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination. If you have high risk factors for a heart attack, like diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, a family history of heart disease and smoking, you have to consult your doctor immediately.