Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2012-06-05

Pain a week before period

I have always suffered painful periods, but now a week before my period I have begun to suffer pelvic pain ... not exactly like period pain, but there is a definate pattern going on and its like a dull ache and sometimes a crampy ache very very low down towards the left of my pubic bone (not quite groin area) Is this PMS as it goes away when I''m into my period ? I am 36 and never suffered a week before (except with very painful breasts) Can things change ? I am 8 mnths overdue for my yearly pap and exam. Thank you for your time.

Things do change with time. This sounds like congestive dysmenorrhoea which can be due to pelvic infections or congestion of the pelvic veins. See your gynae for a check-up.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-06-12