Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2012/10/11

Pain

I have always suffered period pain - really bad at times, but over the previous year my periods are much better (lighter, shorter etc.), I am now 37 yrs old. However, I seem to now experience much much more intense period pain on the lower right hand side during my periods (more so than in the middle as it alway used to be). Ovulation pain is much the same - no better, no worse, so I dont think it''s an ovary. What could be causing lower right hand side pain always during my period ? Thank you for your advise.

It is hard to say. Pain isn't always experienced in the same area as the organ causing it. Period pains are due to cramping of the uterus and it may just be that you are feeling this more on your right side.

1