Question
Posted by: Lu | 2012/04/05

Pain

Hi - year before last I had undiagnosed pelvic pain for many many months. No cause was really ever found and I was told I was in tip-top shape down there. I never spotted during intercourse, just pain most days - only relief I got was lying down - it would miraculously disappear when I lay on my back. This pain thankfully went away all on its own and did not return. After it disappeared though I started to spot after intercourse over the course of 3 months (however, in that time there was only about 4 episodes of spotting as we are not very regular with intercourse). This has also just disappeared and I dont spot anymore and havent over the last 6 or so times. What could be going on ?? 36 yr old, periods regular, 2 babies, 2 x uterine evacs in the past.

The fact that your pain has disappeared suggests that it is functional, not organic pathology. I can't explain the spotting but you should ensure that you have had a recent pap smear.

1