Posted by: Anon | 2011-09-04

hi there,

I have recently stopped taking the pill. I was on Yaz. This is the first month not on the pill and it has been 2 weeks since i have not been on it. I have suddenly developed a pain on the right hand side of my lower abdomen, near my right hip. It has been quite painful and has been constant for the last two days. Could this be Ovulation pain?

Hope you can help and thanks for taking the time to read this!

I suggest that you consult a doctor for a pelvic ultrasound. It is possible that your pain is due to a cyst that has formed on the ovary. Ovulation pain is usually a sharp, stabbing pain that resolves quickly and will not persist for a period of two days. You can use Aspen Naproxen, 275mg, two tablets, three times daily to control the pain.