Question
Posted by: Elize | 2011/03/06

pain

3 back surgeries, 2 neck surgeries. Used doxyphene and lentogesic. I''ve had pain blocks. Nothing worked really. Medication now withdrawn from our doctors. What else can I do or use? Synap Forte with a Panamor help, but it " burns"  my stomach.

Hallo Elize
You may need to see a doctor specializing in chronic pain - in which area do you live, maybe I can give you a name of one near you? Alternatives are nerve blocks, medication like Tramal (morphine like) or pain modulating medication like tryptanol or gabapentin.

4
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2011/03/07

Hi Elize
It is probably the Panamor that irritates your stomach. One can try using Cytotec with your anti-inflammatory medication to protect the stomach. Propoxyphene (ingredient of Doxyphene and Synap Forte) has been withdrawn from the market Alternatives my be Dolorol Forte (panado and codeine) or Tramal.

Reply to Dr Bets
Posted by: Elize | 2011/03/07

Visited the pain clinic in Bloemfontein. My medication at the moment is Trepiline 50mg in the evening, Cilift in the morning and then pain medicine like Synap Forte, Panamor. Neuro surgeon wants to do rizotomy, but medical fund do not want to pay. I live in Upington, very central - far from every town!!

Reply to Elize
Posted by: Holly | 2011/03/07

Hasnt Synap Forte been withdrawn ?

Reply to Holly
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/07

Hallo Elize