Posted by: Mandy | 2009-09-11

I have been TTC for 3 yrs with no luck. My husband has a child from a previous marraige, so I don' t think the problem is with him, but I too have a child of 9 from a previous marraige.
I have severe pain during my menstruation. I can' t urinate or go to toilet without emense pain. It feels like my entire womb is going to tear loose from my body and come out.
It gets so bad that I drink Dulcolax and other laxatives just to pass a stool. It used to be just when " pushing" , but now when I sit up on the toilet without pushing, it is extremely sore.

Why would I have this pain??

Any ideas and advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you Doctor.

Dear Mandy

The most likely diagnosis in this situation is endometriosis. I would advise an urgent consultation with your gynaecologist and possibly a laparoscopy if so indicated.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim